The Thrift Queen




What: 1954 Kodak Brownie Camera Holiday Flash. 35 mm. 

What a wonderful little camera this is. As of now I have yet to get it up in working order. It looks as if it is ready to run, but is in need of a good cleaning and a new roll of film. 

Info: In general Brownie Camera were made to inexpensive and simple to use. It was the first introduction to the everyday Joe who wanted to share family moments to the wonderful world of photography. Kodak was the maker of the original brownie, but I believe later the term became generic for all 'home model cameras'. This particular model I have had a hard time finding the manual for so the cameras specs I am not aware of. If you have any info I would love to hear from you!

Where: This camera came from a great little antique store in Jeannette, Pennsylvania called 'Antiques & Oddities'. It is a warm old town store front with a great shop keeper. Be sure to stop in if you are ever in the area. Reasonably Priced. Friendly. Large selection of period pieces. 
316 Clay Avenue Jeanette, PA 15644
724 - 523- 7767

Included: This lovely little camera actually came with it's original packaging, original flash, original bulb and probably most exciting (for Phil), it's original batteries! All of which I have yet to get a picture of but will hopefully will soon!  

SOLD: As a confession, this is solely mine. I have a sweet spot for cameras. Restoring them. Collecting them. Making them. And making a living off them. Why did I bring it home? A better question would be how could I ever pass something like this up?! Too good to miss! I have every intention of restoring it to working order  and using it once before retiring it. .... eventually! 

Categories: ,

Leave a Reply