The Thrift Queen


What: 1960's Imperial Delta 127.

Info: Imperial is the brand name of the camera, and this model was one of the very first to be made under the new "Imperial Camera Corporation" name, before this the company went by the name 'Herbert George Company' which was named after it's owners. That is all I know of the company. I believe it was made to be another everyday flash camera but with a more advanced look to it. I found this camera to be shockingly lightweight, which is due to it's plastic body. 

Where: This was yet another lovely camera that I found at my local antique shop, 'Antique & Oddities', in Jeannette, Pa. Be sure to always check in your local stores, you never know what could be right under your nose! And if you are hunting for a particular item, I have found that antique store owners make friends with like people. Often times they are able to point you in the right direction! 
Antiques & Oddities
316 Clay Avenue
Jeanette, Pa 15644
724 - 523 - 7767

Included: This camera I found to be in shockingly good condition. I am in need of a new bulb but that is all. And what's the only thing greater than a working antique camera? A working antique camera with it's original packaging, of course! 

SOLD:  Again, this is a thrift find that just screams "Laura, buy me!" Another camera for my growing collection. I believe buying old camera has become a slight obsession, it is so hard to turn away!

Categories: ,

Leave a Reply