The Thrift Queen

 

What: Black Velvet Dress (Please pay no mind to the overly angst-y young photos of myself)

Info: Though this dress isn't vintage, at least I don't think so. It has a very retro vibe to it with its off the shoulder (yet not revealing neckline), well layered tulle and simple but elegant black color. Velvet; I have found that either people love it or hate it. I just so happen to be one of the ones who love it. There is no longer a tag on it so I am unfortunately unable to look up when exactly it was from..

Where: This one was found in the Irwin Goodwill. It was shoved in a over packed rack of prom dresses. After the exhausting effort of pulling it off the rack, and picking up all the fallen dresses, I had to buy it! 
75 Billott Avenue  Irwin, Pa 15642
 888 - 304 - 0227

Why: That day I was looking for old fabrics with the intentions of making new pillows out of them when suddenly I found this dress! Homecoming was coming up, and even though my friend Carly and I weren't going we had decided to go out with each other dressed up and take photos. This is the dress I worry. 

Categories: ,

Leave a Reply