The Thrift Queen



What: 1962 Polaroid Electric Eye 850

Info: This was a camera I never even knew existed until the day I bought it. All bundled up in a leather container there was this camera, film packages that have never been opened, and the original manual. Now, don't let the photo deceive you, this is one large camera. Weighing over 10 pounds! As of yet, I haven't been able to find enough information on this camera to do anything with it. The manuals that came with the camera are awfully vague. Online I have found several articles asking what the camera is worth, yet, none with anything helpful. 

Where: The antique shop in downtown Jeannette, of course! This is a perfect example of why it pays off to get know the shop owners. The man who owns the place stumbled upon it and picked it up for me, knowing I would buy it! 

Why: Being that I have never seen a camera like this, it was of course eye catching. The fact that it is an instant print (like polaroids), but you use the solution yourself to develop the prints was fantasizing. For $30 I brought this camera home. 

Categories: ,

Leave a Reply